Tuesday, December 23, 2014

18 months

Well, I am a bit late on writing this journal entry.  And let's not mention the fact that I haven't taken your 18 month pictures!!

I guess I have a pretty good excuse...we have been traveling for the month of December.  First to Georgia then to Northern Virginia.  I am hoping for some decent weather...it has been VERY rainy...so we can go ahead and get them done.  I guess I should prepare to do Sophie's five-year-old pictures while I am at it.  But I digress.

Anyways, I can't believe that you are 18 months!!!  Let me ask the question...again...WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!?!?!  I honestly don't remember what our family was like without you.  Even though it was a seamless transition, you have added so much to our family.  You bring so much laughter to our family.  Even at the young age of 18 months, you know that you are funny.  If you do something and it brings laughter, you will do it again...and again...and again. Your brother and sisters ADORE you!!  I am so thankful for the love they have for you and the love you have for them.  It just melts this momma's heart.

Some things that make you you:

*You LOVE to eat...especially fruit, veggies and dessert.
*You have started humming songs and we know which ones they are. (Wheels on the Bus; Happy and You Know It; Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to name a few)
*You sing the Amen Song with us
*You LOVE to wrestle and often times I am telling you to be careful with your big brother!
*You LOVE being outside
*You follow simple commands
*You are saying more words: Mama, Dada, Up, Apple, Ball, Dog, Amen, FeFe (Sophie), Brush, Bup-Bup; Bob-Bob; Lin-Lin;
*You are beginning to point out words from the "Your Baby Can Read" videos
*You LOVE a ball, rock or car to play with
*You are LOUD...VERY LOUD...when you see something you would like
*You still suck your thumb, but we are currently taping a sock over you hand so you won't suck it.  Sometimes it stays on, sometimes you take the tape and sock off.  And you have been known to pull your arm out of your sleeve to suck your thumb...just like Sophie did.
*You love to give tap,taps...you pat our backs when you give us hugs
*You are a cuddler...when you sit still long enough.

I could go on and on, but I will stop there.  One thing I want you to know is that we LOVE you so very much, Richard Tobias.  We are thankful that you are a part of our family.  We look forward to seeing how God is going to take all these things from above and grow them in yo and to see how He is going to use you to further His Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment